Join the Go the Distance Challenge Ride (June 1st – July 30th)
Shift gears and Go the Distance by taking on a ride challenge that will keep you motivated through the summer and raise funds for Marine League Charities of Northern Arizona (MLC).
- Classic 65 – A single day challenge to ride 65 miles, equivalent to the traditional Flag2GC route distance from Flagstaff to the boundary of the Grand Canyon.
- Expedition 277 – A multi-day challenge to ride 277 miles, the distance equal to the length of the Grand Canyon
How it works
- Register: Commit to a challenge that suits you; single day of 65 miles or 277 miles over multiple days between June 1 and August 1st..
- 20 registration fee comes with 1 $20 raffle ticket.
- $65 registration fee comes with a special event t-shirt and 2x $20 raffle tickets.
- Recruit: Share your plans and challenge your friends to join in:
- Share your plans with us on the Go-the-Distance Challenge Facebook event post, Share on Instagram, FB, Strava or any of your favorite social apps using #Flag2GC, #GotheDistance, #Classic65, #Expedition277.
- Raise: We need your help to raise $65,000 in 2020!
- Imagine the positive impact we can make on our community as we work together to raise funds for Marine League Charities of Northern Arizona.
- Find sponsors to support your ride attempt with donations.
- Setup a GroupRev page and recruit donors to support your ride challenge. Make a fundraising goal, get creative: raise in dollars, what you ride in miles, 10 cents a mile for 277 miles is a $27.70 donation! Donations due July 18th to allow for raffle ticket assignment for both $20 raffle and $50 raffle prizes.
- Track your track your miles using the ride tracking app of your choice.
- Post updates to Instagram and Facebook using #Flag2GC, #GotheDistance, #Classic65, #Expedition277.
- Share your ideas on where to ride for Mountain-Gravel-Road or Mixed Miles.
- Join the optional Flag2GC Go-the-Distance Challenge on the Strava Flag2GC club, get your kudos, share routes, check your weekly mileage.
- Get Rewarded:
- Win amazing raffle prizes from event sponsors for every $20 or $50 raised.
- Raise $750 and you’ll receive a set of laser etched Flag2GC glasses made from recycled wine bottles by Refresh Glass in Tempe, AZ.
- Raise $1000 and you’ll also have your spot reserved for the 2021 Flag2GC ride.
- Raise $1500 and not only will we save you a spot for the 2021 ride, but we’ll give you free registration!
- The top three fundraisers will also receive a certificate for a free night at the Nordic Center which can be used between now and August 2021.