The “20 for 20” Challenge
In celebration of our 20th year, we are challenging every rider to secure a minimum of $200 in donations (does not include registration fees). We estimate this will raise an additional $20k for Toys for Tots and the Marine League Charities. Is this your first year? Fundraising not your thing? Are you uncomfortable asking people for money? No problem! We’ll be providing helpful fundraising tips every week until the ride, including advice from perennial top fundraisers. Last week: Putting your fundraising plan together. This week: Company match programs
Double your impact (and raffle tickets)!
Does your employer match employee charitable donations? Do any of your supporters work at companies with matching programs?
If so, read on! If you’re not sure, find out and let us know!
Scenario 1: Employer has matching program and MLC is already registered as charity (example: Intel Corporation)
- Send your donor a receipt using this template (meets all IRS guidelines)
- Donor submits a match request using your receipt
- Have the donor send you a screen shot or print out a record of the match (see example at right)
- Turn in the match with your fundraising proceeds (include name & company of donor)
- Some programs allow for the donation and the match to be completed through the same transaction. If so, make sure you get the information from your donor.
Scenario 2: Employer has matching program but MLC is not registered as charity.
- Please obtain or request information about charity registration
- Contact us and we’ll help you get MLC registered.
We need your help!
Send us a note if your company does charity matching We want to compile a list of employers who match so we can share with all riders.
Do you have questions? Send us an email!
Do you have fundraising tips or suggestions that you’d like to share? Send us an email!
Do you know of sponsors who want to contribute swag for the raffle? Send us an email!
Now – get busy raising and get busy riding!